Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Lights

I have always heard about the Christmas lights display in Marshall,Texas and longed to go. I have always loved Christmas and driving around to look at the lights.Well Monday the boys,my mom, and I all set out for a trip to Marshall. We got there a little early and thought there were shops to go through and browse around before dark, there wasn't. The lights display was ok but I could have stayed closer to home and saw just as much. The tour guide was a great man and really did a good job telling us about the town and how it use to be. It seems that too many are moving around or too busy to decorate much anymore. He took us to several different subdivisions and at one time, he said, there was not one house that was not decorated. It was a little sad to see him so excited about what had been and what was still there. It was not a total bust, they had an ice skating rink setup outside so after the lights tour we made our way over there. We rented Skates for the boys and they got out on the ice. It has been a couple of years since they had done that so they were a little rusty and it was really cold. They enjoyed themselves and mom and I enjoyed a couple of hot chocolates. I enjoyed the trip and the family time but now I will be in search of a better lights display to take the boys to. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment