Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sickness

Since we started homeschooling, we have not been sick as much. I guess we aren't as exposed to as much sickness now. But this week, it has hit us hard. I woke up Tuesday with a sore throat and headache and then yesterday, my oldest woke up with it. His throat looked so bad, I took him in to see the dr. I was hoping for antibiotics but they said it is viral so we will just have to wait it out. I hope it doesn't last too long. I don't like to be sick. I am far from an all natural organic freak but I have discovered that Vitamin C in large doses right when it starts really helps and seems to cut it shorter. I also use garlic as a natural antibiotic. My kids really don't like the big Vitamin C tabs but they have seen the results so now they are asking for them. Yes there have been studies that large doses might be dangerous but I believe in it and now so does my family. How about you all out there....do you use any natural remedies?

No comments:

Post a Comment