Friday, February 19, 2010

Chores

We are changing up the chores around our house this month. The boys have chores they have to do around the house, but this month, we added a couple of extra ones. This has been a great source of entertainment for me this week. My oldest son is now doing the laundry for he and his brother.He started out doing it the first day and when the first load was done, his brother said are you folding them too? To which he replied yes that is part of it. lol Then he promptly told him that he needed to put his own clothes up,NOW!! Well, here we are a couple of weeks into this thing and I have not seen a load in the washer for awhile,I am wondering when they are going to run out of clothes .Guess I will wait and see if they start the smell test....Hope this one doesn't backfire on me.

Now the youngest ones new chore is to keep the entryway and bathroom clean. The entryway in itself is a job because that seems to be where everyone drops whatever they are carrying when they come in the back door. It seems odd now that there is nothing to trip over in the floor there. I think he may have been the main culprit,as his bedroom floor now is a little more cluttered.At least I can close that door.The bathroom is another story all together . He has done a good job cleaning it,and then trying not to use it. His brother on the otherhand is not cooperating. After cleaning it this week, then seeing the next morning that his brother did not rinse the sink out after brushing his teeth,he had a mild meltdown. I might have enjoyed this a little too much. He promptly marched in the gameroom and told his brother that he had just cleaned that room and he needed to clean up after himself!  I think they have a  whole new understanding for housekeeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment