Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Table Talk

I was reading one of the blogs that I follow this morning and she was talking about discussions at the dinner table. I am an advocate of eating together as a family. I think we learn alot when we sit down together and give our children time to talk. Anyway, this family has a jar that they keep questions and topics in so they can draw one every night to discuss. While I think sometimes it might a little much, sometimes it could be lots of fun. I might just have to try this. The main point is have a conversation with the family. Talk about things and include everyone.This helps us to stay close and I think it helps our kids to know they could talk to us about anything.So here is my challenge to you: do this one night this week. I'll even give you the first topic to start with: What do you like most about our family ? I will try to post again later on how this discussion went and you feel free to come back and do so as well. I look forward to hearing the responses. I know our kids always surprise us.

No comments:

Post a Comment