Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brrrrr....It's Cold Out There

Well it seems that we are having a real cold front coming through central texas,bundle up. I kind of like this weather. It gives me a reason to stay in the house and not ever get out of the PJ's. My youngest son said today that when it is cold out he wishes for warm and when it is warm outside, he wishes for cold. He said just what most of us think.lol One of the mother at co-op not too long ago told me he was refreshingly honest. Well that was certainly a nice way to put it wasn't it. That's our TJ,he says exactly what he is thinking.

Cold weather also makes me wish for something warm and filling. Below is a stew recipe my mother in law shared with me. It is quick and easy. I usually make conbread with it.

Southwest Stew
 1 lb hamburger meat (seasoned with Fajita seasoning)

 1 30 oz can of Veg all
 1 15 oz can of Ranch Style Beans
 1 15 oz can of Corn
Brown HB meat,drain and put in crockpot,add rest of ingredients and leave it for the day.(at least 4 hrs) 


Stay Warm!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment